Discount Coupons for Smog Check Test in California
Get Discount Coupons for Regular Smog Check Test, Star Smog Stations and Smog Check repair.
Get Discount Coupons for Smog Check Test HERE
What year cars need a smog check in California?
Gasoline-powered vehicles, hybrid vehicles, and alternative-fuel vehicles that are model-year 1976 and newer require a Smog Check, with the following exceptions: Eight model years and newer do not require a biennial Smog Check. Four model years and newer do not require a change-of-ownership Smog Check.
What do they check in a California smog check?
- Visual inspection of emissions control components and systems.
- Functional inspection of the vehicle’s check engine light, ignition timing, exhaust gas recirculation system, fuel evaporative system, and visible smoke.
- Functional inspection of the vehicle’s On-Board Diagnostic (OBD) system.
- Tailpipe emissions inspection.
Are smog checks required in California?
In California, smog checks are mandatory every other year for vehicles that are more than eight years old. Apart from this, if you are selling a vehicle that is more than four years old or want to register an out-of-state vehicle for the first time in California, you will need a smog check
What fails a smog check in California?
The evaporated emission control system or EVAP keeps your gasoline vapors in the tank. If there is a problem with this system, or with the purge valves, vacuum hoses, or vents, you will fail the smog check. A loose gas cap can also cause you to fail the smog check.
Does a 30 year old car need smog in California 2022 / 2023 / 2024?
The new law repeals California’s current rolling emissions-test exemption for vehicles 30 years old and older and replaces it with a law requiring the lifetime testing of all 1976 and newer model-year vehicles.
What helps pass a smog test?
- Check the “Check Engine” light. …
- Make sure the battery hasn’t been recently disconnected. …
- Get an oil change. …
- Get a tune-up—but not right before the test. …
- Fill up the coolant and gas tanks. …
- Drive fast two weeks before the test. …
- Get a pre-inspection.
Allways check this information, because can change with the time.